Sunday, March 2, 2008

Movie lover

I love films and I am gonna to write here some notes about those I have seen. I prefer to watch them with original sound - the atmosphere of movie is more or less always decreased when dubbed. For more I try to improve my english by watching english speaking movies, cause understanding makes me problem. Turn off the lights, the film begins.



----

alcom X
Malcom X (Spike Lee / 1992)
I was watching till the end only cause I wanted to know his story. I've heard a lot about Spike Lee's films (I've seen only The Inside Man so far - great one) and I've been expacting too much I guess. I was just following the story as if it is pure documentary.
2/5


Another movie about Afro-American history. Contrary to Malcom X I say just - Wow! I have been watching without breathing. The Great Debaters is greatly shooted great story (based on true). Nowadays there are freestyle MCs battling for respect, trophies and money, back in the days of this film there were well prepared debaters battling for respect, trophies and a chance to change the world. What a flick, big up Denzel!
4/5


Flaklypa Grand Prix
Flåklypa Grand Prix (Ivo Caprino / 1975)
[Pinchcliffe Grand Prix]
EN dubbed
"Well, well! String me up and stuff me in a hen-coop!" :D Greatly old skool puppet animated film.I prefer dubbed version here because when reading subtitles you do not focus on the picture fully what is crutial here. Simple good-vs-evil story, but millions of details in each shot make it spectacular. And Ludwig (Lambert in EN) - an always scared hypochondriac mole wearing hat, scarf and rucksack - is the biggest killa for me. :D
4/5



The most unique film I've ever seen I guess. I recommend to have no information about this movie before watching. It is hard to describe anyway. Extraordinary mix of all genres in one flick. Be ready for surprise.
5/5


No comments: