Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Portishead - Third

There is still more than month to release date of Portishead new album and it is all over the internet allready. I was afraid a lot of this album - it is first studio LP after 10 years and almost no live performances and I was not sure wheather this reunion is not made for money only. But I have to say that there is no need to be scared. It is still the old good Portishead, but not the same - which is great. There is a progress, live instruments are making the music more complex. It seems as very natural next step after first 2 albums of electronic trip-hop and then played along with an orchestra. I've heard the album only once so far, but I'm sure that I'm gonna buy it (as well as I did all previous Portishead LPs).
Btw. This is very subjective opinoin, cause I'm huge fan of this group. :)

Third
Portishead [2008] Third
comes April 28 (UK) and April 29 (U.S.)

01 Silence
02 Hunter
03 Nylon Smile
04 The Rip
05 Plastic
06 We Carry On
07 Deep Water
08 Machine Gun
09 Small
10 Magic Doors
11 Threads


No comments: